One person can make a difference. Your support has a great impact on the lives of the most vulnerable people in your community. People like Ava.
“…. I can now look in the mirror, believing that someone believes me; and this gives me pure motivation… I will never be the old me, but maybe I can be a better version of an incredible woman…”
Your investment has a great return!
- For every $100 donated to Community Legal Services, we provide $221 worth of services to the most vulnerable.
- A $350 donation supports more than $773 worth of legal services to the most vulnerable.
- A $500 donation supports more than $1,105 worth of legal services to the most vulnerable.
- A $700 donation supports more than $1,547 worth of legal services to the most vulnerable.
There is more than one way to donate.
Make a cash donation.
You can donate one-time or set a monthly recurring amount to make a significant difference in your community.
Whether you are a supportive individual or want to make a Pro Bono donation, you can donate online with a bank or credit card.
Or by check to:
Community Legal Services
122 E Colonial Drive, Suite 200
Orlando, FL 32801
Does your company match employee donations?
If your company matches employee donations, you can make a greater impact. Contact your finance or payroll department to find out how.
Does your company run a workplace campaign?
Check with your Human Resources Dept to see if your company runs a workplace giving campaign. Many workplace campaigns allow designations and have your pre-tax donations deducted right from your paycheck.
Get together with friends, family or colleagues and hold a “fun”draising event. At home, in the neighborhood, or at work, simple ideas can be fun and make a big impact on the lives of others…Some food for thought:
- Have a contest. Take your passion and invite others and make it fun. Chili Cook Off, Baby Photos, Bingo… What’s your idea?
- Lunch Walk for a Cause. Set a fundraising goal and get healthy with your friends and colleagues.
- Random Acts. Do something fun and unusual to raise money. Hula Hoop, Ping Pong, Karaoke…the options are endless.
- Host a House Party. Raise Friends and Funds. A great way to educate your neighbors and raise money for a good cause.
- Have a Tournament. Host an informal tournament, invite your friends; Kickball, Croquet, Softball…
Food, Fun and Friends. Host a potluck dinner or lunch. Charge a small fee and donate what you’ve collected.
- In lieu of. Birthdays, Anniversaries, other celebrations are great ways to raise money for a good cause. Encourage your friends to donate in lieu of a gift. It raises awareness and revenue for the most vulnerable.
- Give it Up Challenge. Is there something you buy daily? Give the cost of your daily cup of coffee once a week to charity. $5 per week adds up!
- Stepping Up Goals- Set a goal to raise or save a dollar a day. Or, set a weekly step-up goal… $1 in week one, $2 in week two. In 52 weeks, you will have raised more than $1,300!
What are your ideas? Your Talent? Your Passion? Set them in motion to work for good.
Did you know? Gifts of stocks come with benefits.
There is a three-fold tax benefit for the donor:
- There are no long-term capital gains taxes.
- An income tax deduction can be taken for the stock’s full fair market value on the date the stock was given.
- The stock is not subject to estate taxes when the time comes.
Please reach out to: