Grace Medical Home Medical-Legal Partnership

Last Modified: 09/29/2021

The Grace Medical Home Medical-Legal Partnership (GMH-MLP) provides civil legal assistance to low-income patients of Grace Medial Home in an effort to improve their health. Our lawyers work closely with Grace Medical Home staff to accept referrals and provide consultations to patients.

Only current patients of Grace Medical Home are eligible for legal assistance under this project.

Para español, haga clic aquí.

How do you get help through this program?

When patients register for medical assistance at Grace Medical Home, they fill out a social needs questionnaire explaining their legal needs. Legal needs are also identified by healthcare providers and other staff during patients’ office visits. Once a legal need is identified, the Grace Medical Home staff will refer the patient to the GMH-MLP onsite lawyer.

If you are a patient at Grace Medical Home and would like a consultation with the GMH-MLP lawyer, ask any staff member at the clinic to make a referral.

Grace Medical Home is a non-profit medical home serving the working, low-income, uninsured residents of Orange County. For more information on eligibility and to register, contact Grace Medical Home. You can find them online at

Legal problem areas.

Our lawyers can advise you about most types of legal problems you may experience.

Some examples are listed here.

We can assist you with applying for public benefits such as Social Security, Medicaid, and SNAP (food stamps). If you have applied for some form of public assistance but been denied, we can advise you about your options. 

Click here to view a list of our public benefits legal information.


Our lawyers can advise you or even represent you in lawsuits around rental issues, eviction, housing conditions and safety in your living environment, and even home foreclosure.

Click here to view a list of our current housing self help information.

If creditors are harassing you, you’ve been sued by a debt collector, or if you have trouble with your credit score, we can help.

Click here to view a list of our current consumer law self help information.

If your child is struggling in school, our lawyers can help with their educational rights, including those who are homeless or disabled.

To learn more about displaced students, visit our informational webpage. 

For more information about the kinds of children’s education legal issues we can help you with, visit this page.

We can provide guidance and legal assistance if you are facing divorce or domestic violence.

Visit our webpage to learn what kinds of family law problems we help with. 

Next Steps

Newsletter Icon

Check your eligibility.

Find out if you are eligible for free legal assistance.

Chat Icon

Give Us A Call

If you still need assistance, give us a call at (800) 405-1417

Was this information useful?

Please tell us why this information wasn't useful.

Thank you for your feedback!